Monday 14 March 2011

P P P Pete Tong Got Powerrrr.....


Growing up listening to Radio and especially living in the sticks where there was no Dance Music to listen to I have a lot to thank Pete Tong for.
My fondest memory's are of the Essential Mix Live tours.. I remember it being my sole aim to get to one of those as soon as I was allowed!!
When you heard his voice in a club, The noise that followed...that was something special. It was a moment though...times have changed but that'll stay with me.

I taped and cut out the tracklists from Mixmag and i've got those same tapes stored in my parents loft somewhere!
Fair enough to say I didn't think much to the film named after him and believe i've been let down a few times seeing him live but ultimatly out of 20 years work the guy has been awesome and has helped shape and influence my decisions in all aspects of my work.
So it's nice to see Pete Tong get credited with a whole day on Radio 1.
Much deserved and I hope that this isn't a sign off.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment