Sunday 6 February 2011

MY MATES ALBUM REVIEW


I'm in the fortunate position of hearing new music quite early and my mates always ask if they can hear the music etc etc. So I ask them to review it
So here is the first in a series of my mates albums reviews!
Everyone..i'd like you to meet 'Tedward'
Just to confirm these are not my thoughts and his only...Agree or disagree..LEAVE A COMMENT
I'm also thinking of letting him loose on the blog..What do you think??!

"So I have been listening to the new Chase & Status album 'No More Idols' and thought I would leave a mini review. Make no mistake this is a bid by the boys for the big time and I am sure they will make some indentation on the top 40 over the coming months. The result is a kaleidoscope of music with a mighty selection of tunes varying from dancehall to dub step and hip-hop to good old drum and bass. There are also plenty of collaborations with stand out tracks including Dizzee Rascal (Heavy) and Ceelo Green (Brixton briefcase).

The flitting from genre to genre works in part. The dancehall 'No Problem' is great, with a brilliant vocal but then there is 'Hypest Hype' which has a ragga vocal over the beats which simply fails to match anything Basement Jaxx has done before them and I have the overall feeling of being short changed. Maybe its just me being a purest and loving the drum and bass that they have done before but by trying so many styles there is no cohesion to the album and its quite a hard listen from beginning to end.

All of that said, this will be the soundtrack to many festival this summer and for some of the tracks I will be jumping up and down like a looney!

Tracklisting:
1. No Problem
2. Fire In Your Eyes (f/ Maverick Sabre)
3. Let You Go (f/ Mali)
4. Blind Faith (f/ Liam Bailey)
5. Fool Yourself (f/ Plan B.)
6. Hypest Hype (f/ Tempa T)
7. Hitz (f/ Tinie Tempah)
8. Heavy (f/ Dizzee Rascal)
9. Brixton Briefcase (f/ Cee-Lo Green)
10. Hocus Pocus
11. Flashing Lights (f/ Sub Focus)
12. Embrace (f/ White Lies)
13. Time – (f/ Delilah & Plan B)
14. Midnight Caller (f/ Clare Maguire)
15. End Credits (f/ Plan B)

No comments:

Post a Comment